G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Looking at you 2013
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:13 am 

So with the 2012 season done. What do you guys want next year at the bowl. Other then to have two WMT tour races. :lol:

I would like to see more Rain Dates plan out ahead. The finally at the 27th did seem to bring in a lot of people. Should that be continued? Or leave it to the first week of October. ;)

Is it me or did the food in the consecration stand get a bit better over the year. The coffee was good! And the Fires were good. Some how I caught my self paying 7$ for Double Cheeseburgers twice. Hmmm, they were mighty good. ;)

I Would like to see more SKL and less of BL. The LC were a big improvement in racing this year then last year with it's 45 minutes races. At first glace they seemed to have gotten better or weeded out the crash prone na-na-boo-boo's. The XC and SX was a nice addition just like last year. I would not mind seeing them come back on the 2013 schedule. The Poor LM division is still stuck with it's average 12 to 14 cars per a week. But it did not matter, Each week someone had a chance to win. It was exciting to watch to see who would win that week. But most of the time it looked like they had more of a ruff time passing people and it made me feel like I was watching a Sprint Cup Race. Not a Bad thing but the 2nd grove was pretty much not their for them this year. The MS and SS were fun as always. And the SK just stole the show.

I would love to see the 3rd Annul 4 Cylinder Frenzy come back. The 50 Lap races on random nights for the top three divisions should be continued. Also please rename "Thunder on the Sound" to the "Bud Nats 150. If that's ware the 150 will be for now on then we don't need "Thunder on the Sound." Well that's what I think. Would it be crazy to have the WMT with the "Wings and Wheels" event? The bowl might just have to rent out temporary stands to allow more people into the track. :lol:

What I did not like that happened this year was the cancellation on the small tours. The Trucks 50 Lap race was snuffed out and so was one of the Pro 4 races. Does anyone know what happened to the once Allison Legacy north east series. Wait I'm sorry the New England Four Cylinder Pro Stocks. They showed up at the bowl once and had 4 or 5 dates. But I did not see them return. Why did they separate from Allison Legacy and why did the number of cars go from (2011 - 10 cars) to (1012 - 3 cars.) Please just don't kick small tour races to the trash can. Give them a rain date please. unless they fold like the NEFCPS. :?

Well the 2012 season was good. I enjoyed it and had fun. I'm looking forward for 2013. If you have anything on top of your mind you would like to add please share it!

-Paul Rose.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Looking at you 2013
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:14 pm 

Here's an update.

ACT came out with their 2013 schedule already. No races in CT.

New England four cylinder pro stocks are still alive and are combining their series with another track in Maine. Talks of raceing at the Maine track Lee and Waterford. They say they have 17 cars that could race.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:32 pm 

Stafford Motor Speedway 2013 schedule came out.

http://www.staffordspeedway.com/Pages/B ... hedule.htm

They will host 4 WMT events and 3 VMRS events.
The SK 150 or the twin 75 is no more. Now replaced with just a 80 Lap race.

My 2 cents? I am very disappointed. I want to go at lest once next year but most likely won't go.

Once more Waterford is the only track to host a SK mod race over 100 laps now.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:58 am 

Thanks for keeping this up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:44 pm 

I stopped updating it. :/

Our members are not as active as it used to be.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm 

Is the speedbowl schedule out yet?, I only see a schedule up until may.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:17 pm 

I don't know why they only posted like 5 races. It could be that they are still working out the rest of the season and are adding more or getting rid of something. Who knows.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:46 am 

It's like a month and a half left until opening and the full schedule is not up? People were complaining that Thompson's wasn't up two months ago.....

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:54 am 

It's annoying as heck. But for the past couple of years I think people have just got used to the Bowl not updating their schedule until the day of the event. XD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 am 

its just just typical speedbowl. They have done some good things but have a long way to go. JMO

Profile E-mail