G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ticket prices.
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:30 am 

In 2010 the regular night at the bowl was $14. In 2011 the regular night at the bowl was $15. In 2012 the regular night at the bowl was $16. Now in 2013 the regular night at the bowl is $17? Jesus I know it has to do with the economy and the 10% state tax. But I swear next year it will be $18 for a regular night.

Look I was not to happy with the $16 price last year. But I suck it up and it was worth it. But since the start of the year for 5 weeks the regular night ticket was $16. But then two weeks ago for the Street Stock 50 Lap feature it was $17 to get in. Hell I'm fine for pitching one extra dollar for a 50 Lap feature. Or next weeks extra lap distance race event. Or the big tours. I really don't mind giving into the big over priced ticket.

But why was tonight. A 5 division event that was supposed to have a 6th event. $17? Can someone tell me why a regular event with one less regular race $17?

I know I may be stepping on someones foot, but since I'm just a race fan. I have the right to blow off some steam and ask this question right? I want to know why the price hike? Looking at the schedule for the rest of the year on-line it is $17. But will it be $18 at the end of the year or next year?

What are your thoughts? Or if you know what is going on let me know or speak your peace. Am I over reacting or am I right in some way?

If anyone wanted to know why I was MIA tonight. I did not go tonight because I made arrangements over the winter to spend this night at Foxwoods. But my Saturday nights looks all clear for now on. And I'm looking forward to seeing what happens this year.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ticket prices.
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:46 am 

Prices seem to be inline to the other two Eastern Connecticut tracks. In addition to the 10% CT tax I'm sure that insurance and plenty of other operating expenses have gone up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:54 am 

Who cares? Its a dollar man. Its still the lowest ticket of the 3 tracks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:54 pm 

Shoud have paid for a season ticket. No change in price there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:24 pm 

Gil wrote:
Prices seem to be inline to the other two Eastern Connecticut tracks. In addition to the 10% CT tax I'm sure that insurance and plenty of other operating expenses have gone up.

That's a possible reason. Hmmm.

LuvtheMods wrote:
Who cares? Its a dollar man. Its still the lowest ticket of the 3 tracks.

That's what someone said last year. And the year before that. And the year be for that. Get ware I'm going at? :P

Hoosier PaPa wrote:
Shoud have paid for a season ticket. No change in price there.

I did not have the money at the time. And my new job may not allow me to go to every Saturday Night race this year. :(

So far I have been lucky yo go to each Saturday event.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:43 pm 

If u all did some research you will find that the track is Flat out broke and the RD/owner only says "we are working on it" and In True translation means "guys keep coming so in can at least make it past the whelen mod race". Terry doesn't want to be the race director he wants to save the payroll and that's why he's he race director. The place is in utter failure mode with fights in the pits, inconsistent calls and the premier division turning into a total joke for fans and race car drivers. Car counts are down not because of interest or $$ it's because owners know there's a very good chance their cars are going to get destroyed and with little to no repercussions so they pick and chose their races and not run full time. Things need to change or people will go to Thompson or stafford.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:18 pm 

You can go to Thompson every week and pay $18 for a far less exciting show.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:43 am 

I already go to Stafford and watch a good show and enjoy myself. The bow; has some serious issues and may not be around for much longer

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:47 pm 

LuvtheMods wrote:
The bow; has some serious issues and may not be around for much longer

I swear I have heard this from at least 1 naysayer, cynical, pessimistic person, every year since the early 90's. yes, even when the stands were packed and we had people sitting in the stands watching the race because they didn't make the feature after 2 consi's. There have always been those that complain or find fault with anything, even when it's good. More of these people come out when things are down. I prefer to just say "enjoy it while you can, because we never know what might happen tomorrow, next week, next year"

If you believe you can help with some of these "serious issues", there is always room for more people on the staff. Maybe take a volunteer position, like a lot of us do. Try to make it a better place. Participate. Make a suggestion that will help the place...... but, be reasonable, considering the times and conditions. Throwing a million dollars at something doesn't always bring people through the gate.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 pm 

LuvtheMods wrote:
I already go to Stafford and watch a good show and enjoy myself. The bow; has some serious issues and may not be around for much longer

The bowl wasn't going to be around for much longer the last 10 years.

Profile E-mail