G2 Radios presents The Waterford Speedbowl Message Board

Only The Shadow Knows
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: TERRIBLE!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:16 am 

After going to the Speedbowl for the first time in 5 years I can see why they don't have alot of cars and crowds. To start, at the drivers meeting Shaun Monahan shows up late and Terry has to make a point to let everyone know that he just showed up. Then in the Late Model feature the flagman was throwing the black flag and wasn't doing a good job that a car pulled off thinking it was him, but it wasn't. Then there was no reason for my car to be black flagged. The officials said there was water and/or oil leaking from the right rear, but guess what...NOTHING WAS LEAKING. There wasn't any smoke or any complaints from any other driver saying they were getting sprayed. So I wonder why my car was DQ'ed. While my car was in the infield they wouldn't even look to see if there was a leak so we could go back out and get some seat time. It has been 5 years since I've been there and I know it will be at least 5 years before I give that place my money.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: TERRIBLE!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:57 pm 

Heard the speedbowl is sold. the buyer has a lot and I do mean a lot of $$$$ and im sure people will try to disprove this and me but league source from the underground is never wrong.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:05 pm 

So, a Late Model driver pulls off thinking the black flag was for him? Do the drivers know there is a board on the flag stand that they put the number up for a car being black flagged? Did this driver not have a 2 way radio and a spotter that would confirm it with an official or at least get the notice from the scanner channel?

I'm not saying a driver should ignore the black flag, but I know i'll wait to be damned sure it's me they are concerned about, before I pull off the track.

Other drivers DID make the call for your car leaking. I won't argue whether it was or not, but that is where the call came from. Are you sure there were no issues after the practice/heat race wreck? (not sure which one the wreck was in) Could it have been water from running hot? Out of the overflow, maybe?

A black flag is not a DQ. He will be credited with a last place finish(unless someone was out of the race before him). Where was he running when this happened? Was it near the end of the race?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:14 pm 

roadrunnercoyote57 wrote:
Heard the speedbowl is sold. the buyer has a lot and I do mean a lot of $$$$ and im sure people will try to disprove this and me but league source from the underground is never wrong.

I have heard these rumors since before I left over a year ago. Love people who have to be so vague. Spit out a name if you are so sure of this rumor and the vast amounts of $$$. What is a league source anyway?

I don't see the big deal, and why people have to go to such extremes chattering about this. I have heard TC's family name mentioned more than once(not THAT TC, the other one. lol) Look, if Mr. Eames did sell it to someone that is going to keep it a race track... win-win for him and us. If it's a family member or friend that came forward with $$$ to get the place on its feet and out from under the bankruptcy, then again... win-win for him and us.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:30 am 

What drivers said it was leaking? I'm not sure about the blackboard, but the driver of the other car pulled off thinking it was him because the flagman was throwing the flag at him too. I've been in racing a very long time and that was the worst flagging I've seen.

There wasn't a drop of fluid coming from my car and asked any of the officials to come look at the car and no one would! And what happened in the heat race was just body damage and bumper damage.

And I do know that a black flag puts you to last place, again, I've been in this a very long time and konw that.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 pm 

Ok I just have one question. out of curiosity did u happen to check to see if the gasket for your fuel cell cap to see if it is still good. Did you put fuel in your car before the feature that may have been spilling out of your over flow. Cuz both have happened to the car I work on. There was no puddle under the car after we came off the track. Just asking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:05 pm 

[quote]There wasn't a drop of fluid coming from my car and asked any of the officials to come look at the car and no one would!

I looked at your car when you pulled in the infield and I looked under it and l came to the window and told you to check your gas cap. if you did not hear than you should have came to me when you got out of the car

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:33 am 

ctartm wrote:
So I wonder why my car was DQ'ed.

Thought I would clear it up, because that is what you said.

I understand you have been in this a very long time. I also think you would understand that black flags aren't thrown just for the heck of it. Now, upon further discussion, we find out what was leaking, and that you were notified. hmmm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 pm 

Anyone that knows Terry and Shawn know that they have a very "colorful" history. So it shouldn't be a surprise that he may take a jab at him now and then. So what if he pointed out he was late. Should he quit racing there now?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:08 am 

No he shouldn't quit racing there...and the gasket was fine and cap tight...No gas was put in it before the feature...still not cleared up...oh wait it is IDIOTS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next